Friday, May 16, 2008

A Master in Counseling Education


Last night, Shane graduated with his Master's Degree in Counseling Education!!!!! Truly a wonderful night! Eight years in coming, he did it and I am so proud of him! Even though I think the hoods are a little silly, it's a great accomplishment. (But a part of me hopes he doesn't go for the Doctor thing. Not because of the stress but rather the silly hat they get:) ) Seriously though, I am so proud of him. He's accomplished a lot and we are ready for the change of pace. Not slower, necessarily, just different. He's such a strength to me, I can't imagine being able to support anyone like I did him. Simply because I was able to support him because he supported me too. One of the members of Shane's cohort mentioned last night that he hadn't seen Shane smiling so much since grad school started three years ago. Shane said, "Sometimes the end feels a lot like the beginning." Maybe because the end is only the start of something else and I am eager to start another journey as long as Shane is by my side! Congrats Handsome! I love you!

1 comment:

THE BOWMAN'S said...

Yay! We're so excited for you guys. What a lot of hard work-for all 5 of you! Congratulations! By the way, you need to yell at Shane, he did NOT need to mow our lawn, I know that it was in drastic need of a haircut but that was above and beyond-he did do a great job though :)