Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dean's Home!!!!

We are so excited that my brother is now home from the Las Vegas West Mission. He got home this morning and his plane was 20 minutes early so he beat everyone to the airport. Lylli has been counting down this day for months and was very eager for this morning to arrive! Layla was excited too, until Sunday night. Then she started getting nervous. Last night, she was in tears for about 30 minutes. She was scared and didn't want to see Uncle Dean. (I think she didn't know who this person from all these pictures was and didn't understand why everyone was so excited. It was like a picture coming to life for her.) We told her someone would hold her and that she didn't have to see him. So this morning, after another meltdown, we went to the airport. She closed her eyes on the way in so she wouldn't see him. It was pretty cute. But by the end of lunch, she was beginning to think he was okay. And after her nap, she was asking about him, so we went over to play at Grandma's but only after we called to make sure Uncle Dean was there. By the end of the day, he was her best friend! It's so fun to see him home!
P.S. Here's a picture of the girls in their matching dresses from Lenay's wedding. Aren't they cute!

3 comments:

LindsC said...

How exciting! Dean looks so grown up! I love the story of how layla was so nervous. :) and yes those girls are so cute!

The Martinez Fam said...

Wow!! That's so exciting!! The story about Layla was so cute!! Your girls' dresses are adorable. I was just telling Martin that I don't think we have even one outfit that all three girls have!! We might have to work on that.:) I can't believe how much your family has grown up. Just for info: Mylee will be 5 in September, Kaybree turned 3 in January and Mireya is 14 months. When I first read your blog it was wierd to see Layla and Seryn so grown up. Kaybree & Mireya have grown up so much, but I still thought of your kids as the same age they were when we saw them last (which was like a year ago)!! Crazy!!

The Martinez Fam said...

Sorry. I just noticed I spelled weird wrong and it bugs me, but I don't want to delete my whole comment to fix it.:)