Thursday, July 14, 2016

I have a new calling in the Relief Society. I'm the 2nd counselor and over the Other Activities. I don't have a committee yet, and so the presidency helped me throw this evening together.

Our theme was, "Take a Leap of Faith." We asked a few sisters to share their conversion stories (in about 5 min. each) and then I closed by sharing Elder Bednar's talk, Converted Unto the Lord, from October 2012. It's a great talk combining testimony and conversion. “Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion.” I closed my talk with the scripture, Alma 5:26 "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" I made up some handouts for the sisters, which I have posted below. (I think they turned out cute!)
To close out the evening, the sisters were asked to bring something to share that they had never made before (Take a Leap of Faith). And then we, as their sisters, would in turn "Take a Leap of Faith" and try their creation! It was a great hit!

For those of you who are curious, I made a Maple Bacon Cupcake. (My hubby has tried to encourage me to make these for two years, but honestly, they just sounded gross.) As this is something I have NEVER made (and would never normally make), my daughter and I gave it a shot. We made a homemade maple cake and folded in bits of bacon. We topped it with a maple frosting and candied bacon. It actually turned out quite tasty! Kind of like breakfast, but better! So my husband now has gloating rights, and I will probably make it again!

No comments: