Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Projects

Not that anyone would ever accuse me of being a slacker (right?) but I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the projects I worked up for Christmas this year. I think I made gifts for everyone because I was too poor to do anything else. I think I did pretty well though.
Here is a small sample of the endless amounts of hot chocolate mix we made up. And yes, this is only a portion of it. But we like it so much, we had to share it!
These are the patchwork skirts I made the girls. They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. After all, didn't really have a pattern to follow. This is Lylli's. I also made one for Layla and Seryn.
This the scarf I knitted for Layla and I made a pink one for Lylli. I'd never knitted before, so this was a fun project (even though I only gave myself three weeks to do them.) Thanks Mom for teaching me to knit.
And these are the casserole carriers I made. I made three of these (in different fabrics.)
I saw a picture in a magazine and thought I could duplicate them. I don't think I did too bad. Of course, I never put a pan full of casserole in one either. But, they look good. And I think my family enjoyed them. This was also my first quilting project. Boy, lots of firsts this Christmas. But it was fun and kept me VERY busy!
And, though I'm not going to put it on my blog in its entirety, I also finished my book based on Fort Casper to give to a couple friends. So I stayed plenty busy this last month! But I got it all done!!! Bring on the new adventures!

No comments: