Friday, August 29, 2008

My last week and a half of craziness!

Just to clarify, the reason I haven't posted for a while is I've been really sick. I past the week mark yesterday and I still have this rotten stuff. I have fluid behind my ear which causes my throat to be really swollen on one side. My ear has been pounding, I haven't been able to swallow, sleep, talk, think, and for four days, I was so dizzy every time I stood I nearly passed out. I am feeling better now that the dizziness is gone, most of the time, and I can talk pretty well again. (And for someone who enjoys talking, that's a plus!) My throat still hurts but not near as bad and the pounding has reduced as long as I stay on plenty of meds. So other than feeling a little buzzed, I'm doing not too bad. I don't remember a whole lot, which causes my husband a little stress. (Now he knows how I feel!)
As I have said in the next post, I have been helping my parents out at their store during rental season. It's for a couple weeks a year and only a couple hours a day. I pick Lylli up from Verda James and then she and I go to work with Grandma and Grandpa. She thinks it's pretty fun, most of the time. (I'm trading out babysitting with a friend for the other two, so that works out well too.) I enjoy getting out of the house a little and I like to be able to help out!
I've also been plenty busy with garden stuff. I have a nice garden this year and it is producing stuff! (Shane wouldn't let me have one after Seryn was born because he was afraid I wouldn't keep it up. He was probably right.) I have corn, potatoes, zucchini, beans, pumpkins, bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, raspberries, asparagus, and I have a ton of tomatoes (so hopefully they'll turn red before it gets too cold!) I'm loving it!

This is what I picked one day. I often get up to 10 raspberries a day! And this was one of my first cherry tomatoes! I'm getting handfuls now!
I've also been canning! Peaches! I love peaches! I canned 12 qts. of peaches and 12 1/2 pts. of peach jam. Mmmmm. I love home canned peaches in the winter!
Lylli got an inflatable guitar from a birthday party she went to and she jams on it all the time!!!! The sunglasses help her play better and she makes her own plinking noises. She really gets into it! You can't help but laugh!
This is Layla trying to make faces like Seryn. She has the nose scrunching thing down. (I have Seryn's scrunchy face a couple of posts down.) I just have cute girls! What can I say?

4 comments:

The Martinez Fam said...

Wow!!! It sounds like whatever you had was horrible!! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. It's so hard to take care of the kids, house, etc. when you feel like crud. Anyway, your girls look adorable on the first day of school. Kaybree had to wear her backpack the 1st day too. She only kept hers on for a couple hours though.:) And I am so jealous of your garden!! Everyone has been getting so much stuff out of their gardens and I don't even have one yet!! Since we moved in last fall, we planned on starting one this spring, but our winter was so long and we had other hard projects that HAD to be done in our short summer, so the garden never got done. It will be at the TOP of the priority list next year though. And I got a craving for your canned peaches when I saw the picture of them!!!:)

Amy said...

I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are continuing to feel better. I'm glad you are surrounded by family, hopefully they helped you out.

I'm excited about your book release. Sorry it was postponed, but I look forward to getting it when it comes out.

Roy and Alicia said...

Your garden is amazing!!!!!!!

Jason and Amanda said...

I am coming to your house!!!! Those peaches look yummy